Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is a newer hair transplant method in which individual hair follicles are transplanted to a thinning or balding area from a donor site — an area of denser hair growth typically located on the back or side of the head using micro punches to remove individual follicles. FUE hair restoration gives patients permanent, natural-looking results.
FUE hair transplants typically offer the best results if you:
* Wish to keep your hair very short. An FUE hair transplant does not leave a linear scar.
* Healed poorly after past procedures and wish to hide scars or achieve better results.
* Have a very tight scalp, which may make you a poor candidate for FUT.
One week before Follicular Unit Extraction
* Stop using Minoxidil/Rogaine 14 days prior to treatment
* Avoid taking any anti-inflammatory or aspiring type analgesics
* Do not consume any alcoholic beverages
* Avoid taking vitamins B and E
Day of Follicular Unit Extraction
* Wash your hair with a soft shampoo
* Do not use hair care products
* Enjoy a nutritious morning breakfast
* Do not consume coffee or any beverages containing caffeine
* Wear comfortable clothes, as you will be in a lying position during the majority of the day
Follicular Unit Extraction Procedure
During the follicular unit extraction procedure, each follicular unit is removed from the donor area through a small round punch excision of 1mm or less in size. Grafts are then placed into the bald or thinning area.
After the Procedure
Follicular unit extraction is performed under a local anesthetic and does not require a hospital stay. Your hair transplant surgeon will specify after-care instructions, including what medications to use, antibiotics to take and restrictions on diet and physical activity during recovery.
Recovery time is minimal and many patients can return to their work within 1-2 days of treatment.28 Mart 2016